Rob Howarth is an experienced aerobatic display and competition pilot, eager to pass his evident enthusiasm for this exhilarating sport. Rob is also a competition aerobatic judge for the British Aerobatic Association and has judged from Beginners to Unlimited.
If you are looking for aerobatic training in the following areas then you can be assured you will achieve results:
- Competition Aerobatics for all levels from Beginners through to Advanced
- Display Aerobatics from Basic through to Unlimited
- Ground based critique for all levels up to Advanced
- Aerobatic Training Camps - click here for more information
- Ground based preparations
Rob has worked with many competition pilots, assisting beginners for their first competition through to training the World Advanced British National Team. Rob has also trained the 2007/8 British National Advanced Champion. Rob's approach is structured to maximise time and achieve results.
Rob can also sign aerobatic competitiors off for new levels. If you require sign off for Beginners, Standard, Intermediate or Advanced this can be arranged.
Rob is also experienced in the roles of 'Flying Display Director' (FDD) as well as 'Flight Control Committee'(FCC). Rob is able to offer this professional service to airshow and event organisers. Please make contact to discuss requirements and charges.
£45 + vat per session. This includes a 1.5 hour session to include preflight brief and preparation, ground to air critique or in flight tuition, followed by a post flight debrief.
- Emily Todd, 2009 Standard Level National Champion'Rob worked me hard with a structured approach to my goal. Dedicated training enbaled me to achieve those goals. I believe that Rob's radio controlled flying experienced helped greatly enabling him to give immediate instructions during ground critique, as well as knowledge of how to fix errors.'
- Julian Murfitt 2007, 2008 Advanced National Champion and Advanced British Team Member 2008"I have been working with Rob as a coach to develop my aerobatics at Standard Level. I have found his coaching extremely supportive, but appropriately challenging, and his instruction and feedback really clear and helpful. He has helped me across the whole spectrum of preparing for a competition flight - from ground-based preparation through to delivering the sequence itself. I still have a huge amount to learn but feel I am making real progress - in no small part due to Rob's coaching and guidance."
- Paul Brice, Standard Level competitor & Bronze Medal Nationals 2010"I fly at Standard level in a Pitts S2-A. I trained with Rob for three days and by the end of it my flying had improved hugely; much more accurate and assured. I learnt many ways to compete better; how to plan a sequence, enter the box, think about speed between manoeuvres as well as improving specific parts of my flying. An invaluable step towards better aerobatics."
- David Nichols - Standard Level competitor"In the last month I have made serious progress in advanced aerobatic figures with benefit of Rob's training helping me transform my known score by more than double. Rob's style is very disciplined and thorough, with great emphasis on preparation, where to look and what you should see- as well as helpful hints on understanding aerobatics as an art as well as a science- I thoroughly recommend him for training especially at intermediate/advanced level"
- Mark Stewart, Advanced Level competitor"Rob has been a great help in facilitating my progress in aerobatics from standard level through to advanced level competition as well as helping me to construct a safe display sequence. His extensive experience with model aerobatic flying allows him to easily identify control input errors whilst watching from the ground."
- Simon Abbott, Advanced Level competitior and Display Pilot"Rob has helped me to plan my training sessions to be challenging. He then analyses the flight to explain to me how it can be flown to look better from the ground.
His competition and display flying experience has brought new figures and techniques which help with the overall learning experience and enjoyment of this type of flying."
- Peter Rounce, Intermediate Level competitor
If you would like to explore the benefits of training with Rob then please contact him firstname.lastname@example.org